An ENT is a doctor, who has specialization in ear, nose, and throat and everything having to do with those parts of the body. These doctors are called otolaryngologists.
Otolaryngology is the medical specialty, that deals with disorders of the ear, nose, and throat or ENT region, and related areas of the head, throat, and neck. If you have any problem related to your ear, nose, or throat, it means, you need to visit an ENT specialist. You may visit the ENT of Aksha Hospitals, Hyderabad. All the doctors of our hospital are very experienced and they take very good care of all the patients.
An Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) specialist is a medical professional, who is a master in diagnosing, managing, and treating medical ailments related to ears, nose, and throat, such as sinuses, and larynx, upper pharynx, and oral cavity along with face and neck.
ENTs of Aksha Hospitals deal with anything that has to do with the head, neck, and ears in adults and children, including:
- The adenoids and tonsils
- The thyroid
- The sinuses
- The larynx
- The mouth
- The throat
- Ear tubes
- Ear surgeries
- Cancers of the head, throat, and neck
- Reconstructive and cosmetic surgery on the neck and head
Why Choose Us
Aksha Hospitals, Hyderabad, has many reasons to choose it, such as we have an excellent team of doctors who are specialized in this area. They are highly skilled and knowledgeable. We strive very hard to offer a healthy tomorrow to all of our patients, and we manage to achieve this with the support of our amazing staff.
Aksha Hospitals has very streamlined processes, advanced technologies, world-class infrastructure, and specialized and interdisciplinary care. We have Cutting-edge Technology on providing global access to advanced healthcare. Our facility is equipped with high-precision technologies and top gadgets, which give you a world-class healthcare experience. Our commitment to personalized care is matching our exceptional medical expertise. You may get in touch with us, we are here for you.
When someone is admitted or contacts our hospital or our doctor, we will take care of them on a priority basis. Our highly experienced ENT specialists at Aksha Hospitals, Hyderabad, treat a wide range of medical conditions associated with ENT including the following:
- Swollen Adenoids
- Nasal Airway Obstruction
- Eardrum perforation
- Acid reflux
- Ear infections
- Hearing loss
- Sinus infections
You must visit an ENT if you have any of these symptoms:
- Injury to your ENT region
- Nerve problems in ears, nose, or throat
- Balance problems
- Hearing impairment
- Ear infection
- Tonsil or adenoid infection
- Swimmer's ear
- Pain in your ears, nose, or throat
- Ear, nose, or throat birth defects
- Breathing problems
- Down's syndrome
- Sinus problem
- Growth or tumor in any of the ENT region
- Deviated septum
- Undesired appearance of the nose and face
- Cleft palate
- Drooping of the eyelids
- Hair loss
- Nose bleeds
- Nasal congestion
- Problems with smell
- Voice or swallowing problems
- Sore throat
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
The Department of ENT at Aksha Hospitals combines the finest technology and skilled specialists to deal with the diseases in the Ear, Nose, Throat, and Head and Neck regions. Our ENT department has well-qualified and experienced ENT specialists to provide the following services:
OPD and Emergency Services
Tympanoplasty, Myringoplasty, Ossculoplasty, Myringotomy, Stapedotomy, Radical mastoidectomy, Facial Nerve decompression, and other Ear surgeries, Cochlear Implants for deafness, Hearing Aid, Audiometry.
Septoplasty, CSF rhinorrhoea repair, Endoscopic DCR, Turbinoplasty, etc.
Adenotonsillectomy, foreign body removal, vocal polyp, vocal nodule, tumor surgeries, etc.
The Head and Neck
The problems related to the Head and Neck region such as benign and malignant tumors, facial trauma, facial palsy, and deformities of the face are treated by experienced otolaryngologists.
You may Visit an ENT if you have any of these problems:
- Long-term or chronic throat, ear, or sinus issues
- Ear infections are one of the most common reasons why parents take kids to the doctor. ENTs usually treat them with antibiotics, but if the infections keep on coming back, they might recommend surgery.
- Tonsillitis is an infection of the tonsils. Here also, they usually treat it with antibiotics, but if it persists, they may recommend that you get your tonsils taken out.
- Sinus problems that last above 4 months are called chronic sinusitis. They can help get to the bottom of the issue and treat the underlying problem.
- Hearing loss -Hearing loss is normal as you age. But sudden hearing problems may be a sign of something more serious. Either way, an otolaryngologist would be able to figure out what’s going on and help you get any treatments you need to hear better. If you need hearing help, your ENT may send you to an audiologist to get fitted for them.
- A lump in your neck -A lump in the neck that lasts more than 2 weeks could be a sign of mouth, throat, thyroid, or blood cancer. Cancers, which start in these areas often spread to the lymph nodes in your throat first.
- A child who is a heavy snorer - Snoring is very common in adults but unusual in children. It may not be an indication of a serious problem, but it's best to talk to your pediatrician about whether they recommend seeing an ENT. It might be a sign of sleep apnea, which can lead to a problem with bones in the face, or bedwetting.
- Conditions of the ear. You may need to visit an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (or ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (or the disorders you were born with).
- Conditions of the nose. ENT specialists usually manage and treat problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity, and sinuses. These problems may affect smell, breathing, and physical appearance.
- Conditions of the throat. Disorders and conditions that affect the throat may affect speech, singing, eating, swallowing, and digestion. ENT specialists may diagnose, manage, and treat these problems.
- These are trained to manage diseases, tumors, trauma, and deformities of the head, neck, and face. ENT specialists could perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in these areas. They can manage problems with the nerves in the head and neck that control sight, smelling, hearing, and facial movements.
All doctors are capable to do all these things:
- All aspects of ENT Surgery, head and Neck Surgery, Base-skull Surgery, and ENT Endoscopic Surgery, are managed with the help of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Microsurgery of Ear and Larynx, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Flexible & Rigid Endoscopy, E.N.T. Cancer Surgery, and Functional E.N.T. Surgery are pursued with keen interest.
- Investigative facilities like Audiometry and Emittance are routinely done which help in managing and rehabilitation of patients with deafness, mutism, voice disorders, and those behavioral problems. Facilities for Cochlear implantation, brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BERA), and Oto Acoustic Emissions (OAE) are being added soon.